Keeping Soccer Island Safe
As organizations across North America continue to reopen, our Soccer Shots teams are prepared to conduct safe on-field programming. The safety and well-being of children participating in Soccer Shots is our number one priority. To that end, we are continuing to take measures to ensure that our coaches are equipped to keep our players safe. Additionally, it’s our commitment to provide quality, educational and fun experiences, which is what youth sports should always be. We’re continuing to run our programs in a responsible way, and I’d like to share the ways we’re doing that.
Our Product Development Team has thoroughly modified our curriculum and operating procedures to best accommodate the practices endorsed by public health officials. We’ve also created a health and safety course, specific to our current situation, that all Soccer Shots coaches are required to complete prior to returning to on-field coaching.
During our sessions, it is recommended that our coaches will:
- Monitor their body temperature daily
- Wear a face covering if their state/province and/or local jurisdiction requires or recommends doing so
- Use rings, spots or orange cones as “home base” to keep children spread out when possible
- Avoid the use of pinnies
- Sanitize all equipment before and after each session
Coaches will avoid high-fives, fist bumps and unnecessary physical contact with others on Soccer Island.
We recommend that families who observe sessions follow these guidelines for the health and safety of other families and our coaches:
- Wash or sanitize hands before entering Soccer Island
- Monitor participating children and family members’ temperatures before attending a Soccer Shots session
- Adhere to state/province and/or local jurisdiction regarding face covering requirements for children participating in any Soccer Shots programming
We are closely monitoring all communication from the CDC and WHO, as well as local authorities, for safety updates. As we learn more, and if needed, we’ll adjust our operations accordingly. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for children to enjoy Soccer Shots, with friends, in a safe environment. Please be on the lookout for future communication from your local program about their plans for the upcoming season.
We appreciate your trust in us, as well as your patience and flexibility as we work through this situation as a strong, unified community.
CEO, Soccer Shots Franchising