Do you offer any financial aid programs?
While we do not have an internal financial aid program, we have partnered with Jumpstart. Jumpstart helps kids overcome financial and accessibility barriers to sport and recreation in an effort to provide inclusive play for kids of all abilities. Families approved by and using Jumpstart funding to register with us will be discounted 50% so funding will go further. To learn more about their organization and to apply for funding, click here.
Does an adult need to stay at class with the child(ren)?
For all public programs (programs not being held at a childcare centre), one adult per family must be on site at all times. For our Mini program, adult participation is required. For our Classic program, we may require some adult participation so please come prepared to support your child if needed. For our Premier program, no adult participation is typically required.
• If you try our program, for up to two classes, and decide it isn’t the right fit for your family, contact us within 48 hours after the second class and we will refund you for the remaining classes. No refunds will be given after 48 hours past the second class.
• A $10 cancellation fee will apply to any withdrawals 15 days or more before the season start date.
• A $50 cancellation fee will apply to any withdrawals 14 days or less before the season start date.
• If we cancel the season prior to the start date, you will be refunded in full.
• If the season is interrupted or cancelled once it has started and we are no longer able to hold on-field classes, a credit will remain on your account for the remaining classes.
• We require a minimum of five children to be registered in a class in order for it to run. If your class is experiencing low enrollment, we will contact you to let you know. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, we will try our best to find a different class that works for your family. If we are unsuccessful, we will refund you in full.
• Our refund policy is subject to change at any time without notice.
- We will hold sessions in the rain. During the winter, spring and fall months rain is almost unavoidable; please dress your child accordingly.
- If we deem the weather too extreme to hold sessions (For example: extreme smoke or field/indoor facility closure), we will cancel the session. If the need arises to cancel a session, we will notify the parents as soon as possible. We will do this through email and automated text. If you think there is a possibility of a cancelled session that day, please check your email for updates. We will make a decision no later than 1 hour prior to the start time of the session.
- If we cancel a session, you will be given a coupon code valued at the cost of the missed session to be used towards a future season.
What equipment is needed? What should my child wear?
- Children are not required to have cleats or shin pads, it is the discretion of the parent if they wish to have their kids wear them.
- If your session is held indoors, please wear non-marking shoes, this includes adult participants. Cleats are not allowed indoors.
- Please dress your children according to the weather (For example: rain jacket/boots if it is wet).
- We kindly ask children to wear their Soccer Shots jersey to the session.
- We suggest your child brings a water bottle with them.
- We will provide all the necessary soccer equipment needed for the session.
What if I want to participate in the same season as a friend or family member?
- Once you have all signed up, simply send us an email to [email protected] with the name of the children you would like to be in the same season as.
- Group requests must be submitted no later than one week prior to the season start date.
- Although we cannot guarantee any group requests, we do our best to accommodate them.
- Our coaches are certified, paid coaches. Each coach goes through an extensive training process to ensure they meet our high coaching standards.
- You will have the same coach every week for the season (with the possible exception of a week or two, due to coach holidays, university exams, etc.).
- Every coach must pass a criminal background check before coaching with us.
What experience does Soccer Shots have teaching children this age?
- Soccer Shots has been serving children and families in the Fraser Valley since 2012.
- The Soccer Shots curricula are aligned with British Columbia Early Learning Goals.
- We are part of a large franchise system that has impacted over 1 million children across North America!
What can I expect from a Soccer Shots session?
- Soccer Shots sessions involve skill development, character words (such as respect, teamwork, sharing) and are filled with energy!
- We are firm believers that your child is capable of learning something new about soccer and life in each session, all while having fun.
- Our weekly sessions are developmentally appropriate and follow a similar layout each session: warm-up, soccer skills, fun games, score a goal, scrimmage (when permitted), session review & celebration.
What happens if we can't make a session?
- If you can’t make a session, not to worry! We understand how busy families are so there is no need to let us know if you cannot attend a session. We’ll simply look forward to seeing you the following week.
- The missed session cannot be made up in a different session.
- Credits/refunds are not issued for non-attendance at a scheduled session.
What is the different between park program sessions and childcare centre sessions?
- Park programs sessions are open for enrollment to the public.
- Childcare centre sessions are open for enrollment only to children enrolled in that specific childcare centre.
- If you’re interested in bringing our program to your childcare facility, please contact us at 604-398-8856.