Soccer Shots is held at childcare centers, preschools and schools, as well as public locations. Our public programs are open to the general public while our childcare center and school programs are only open to those enrolled at the location.
Our weekly 30-40 minute sessions focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. Through fun games and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.
- All adults assisting, supervising or spectating indoor youth sport must be fully vaccinated. As a result, at Soccer Shots Metro Vancouver, we will require proof of vaccination upon entry to our indoor programming facilities for anyone 12 & older (2009 born or later).
- Masks will also be required of anyone 5 years or older (2016 born or later) in indoor common areas or while spectating. Therefore, at Soccer Shots Metro Vancouver, masks will be required upon entry, and while spectating for those 5 years or older (2016 born or later) – this includes our coaches.
- While participating, children 5 years or older will not be required to wear a mask.
- For parent-participation programs, masks will be required for the parent and/or guardian participating, as per the PHO.
You can learn more – from the official PHO – by scrolling to the ‘Sports’ title at the following link: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
Our coaches are certified, paid coaches. Each coach goes through an extensive training process to ensure they meet our high coaching standards. You will have the same coach every week for the season (with the possible exception of a week or two, due to coach holidays, university exams, etc.). Every coach must pass a criminal background check before coaching with us. In our welcome email, which is sent 7 days before your program start date, you will be provided a picture and a bio of your coach to familiarize yourself with them.
Absolutely! Soccer Shots is an intro to soccer program and does not require children to have previous experience with the sport. Our curriculum is age-appropriate and will provide your child with the most fun and positive sports experience ever.
No. We encourage families to have their children dress for the weather and personal comfort. Our program does not require soccer-specific gear. Soccer Shots will provide all the appropriate equipment for the entirety of the program related to the session. We suggest you bring your child a water bottle and dress them appropriately for the weather (if outdoors).
Yes! We are always willing to start a public program near you. The easiest way for this to happen is for you to form a group of eight children willing to take part in a Soccer Shots season. These could be children from your neighborhood, friends from church or synagogue, or your parent groups. We’re happy to help talk through ideas on how to make this happen. Please contact your local director for more information.
To find public programs in your area, select View Locations at the top of this page.
On the first day that soccer sessions take place, we will have extra staff available at your location to guide you to your appropriate session. We recommend families arrive a little bit earlier than usual on the first week.
Within a few days of your program start date, Soccer Shots will email all enrolled families with the details about their location, including a facility map with parking details. This is in addition to our welcome email that provides key information pertaining to each program’s coach and general program details.
Soccer Shots will contact families a minimum of 1 hour prior to sessions to postpone or cancel a session. Please note, we only cancel or postpone sessions if we deem it unsafe for coaches, participants and families to participate in outdoor activity. Otherwise, we ask all children to dress appropriately for the weather – we are a “rain or shine” program!
If Soccer Shots Metro Vancouver cancels a session, one of two things will happen. Soccer Shots Metro Vancouver will try and accommodate the programs by extending the season. If that is not possible, Soccer Shots Metro Vancouver will provide credit for the lost session onto each family’s account. All information would be provided through email!
- Full refunds apply when the withdrawal of a student is received, in writing, a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of any program.
- All refund requests within 14 days to the start of the program will be subject to a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued after week 2 of the season.
- Refund requests prior to week 2 of the season will be pro-rated and given for the remaining sessions only, plus the inclusion of a $25 administrative fee.
- Refunds will not be issued for failure to attend a scheduled class.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions. Sessions will be postponed or full credit for the cancelled session will be given.
- Should Soccer Shots find it necessary to remove a child from a class, a refund will be issued after deduction for classes already attended.
- There is no refund of the $28.00 yearly enrollment fee.
- No refunds will be issued for failure to attend a make-up class.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing and emailed to a Soccer Shots representative at [email protected].
- Our refund policy is subject to change at any time without notice.
Our once-per-year enrollment fee covers a variety of different things. All participants who pay this fee will receive a new Soccer Shots jersey. It also covers various administrative costs associated with our program, including, but not limited to, medals, certificates, prizes, stickers and more!
Yes, but only prior to the season starting. Due to COVID-19, we have arranged all jerseys to be individually wrapped for families. However, if you notice an error prior to the season’s start date, send us an email and we can change that for you upon your season start date.