Where can my child participate in Soccer Shots?
Soccer Shots North Sacramento is held at childcare centers, preschools and schools, as well as public locations. Our public programs are open to the general public while our childcare center and school programs are only open to those enrolled at the location.
What type of equipment will my child need to participate?
Soccer Shots North Sacramento provides all of the equipment needed at each of our sessions. Your child should wear activity-appropriate clothing. Cleats and shin guards are NOT necessary.
How do I know the locations of the park programs?
To find public programs in your area, select View Locations at the top of this page.
Can I have Soccer Shots start a park program near me?
Yes! We are always willing to start a public program near you. The easiest way for this to happen is for you to form a group of eight children willing to take part in a Soccer Shots season. These could be children from your neighborhood, friends from church or synagogue, or your parent groups. We’re happy to help talk through ideas on how to make this happen. Please contact your local director for more information.
What can I expect from a Soccer Shots session?
Our weekly 30-40 minute sessions focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. Through fun games and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.
Below are our weather policies for public locations. Our policies remain the same for school locations, however, individual schools may request to cancel classes if their policies differ from ours.
HEAT: Classes will be canceled if it is forecast to be 101 or above during class times. Please note, the high of the day is typically around 4pm in the summer. With classes starting closer to 5pm in the summer, if the forecast shows 100 or below for 5pm, classes will be on as scheduled.
AIR QUALITY: Classes will be canceled if the AQI reaches 115 or above in the “unhealthy for sensitive groups” range. AQI is not forecast hourly like heat or rain, so we use a combination of resources to determine daily trends and how the AQI may shift throughout the day.
RAIN: Classes will be canceled if rain is forecast to be heavy and consistent throughout class times and/or if thunderstorms are in the forecast during class times. Classes will be on as scheduled if rain is forecast to be light and scattered throughout class times.
Weather decisions are made between 1.5-2 hours prior to the start of class times for the morning or afternoon (i.e. around 7:30am for 9am-12pm classes). Unless it is clear that we need to cancel classes for an entire day due to weather (i.e. heavy, consistent rain forecast to last all day), we will not make cancellation decisions earlier than this.
When a class is canceled due to weather, the season will be extended by one week (up to two weeks total per season). Any cancellations beyond two weeks will not be made up. Please see our refund and cancellation policies for additional information.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
• Requests to withdraw from the season made before the start of the season will be issued a full refund, less the registration fee. The annual registration fee is non-refundable once it has been paid.
• If you request to withdraw from the season prior to the fourth class of the season, a prorated refund will be issued. If you request to withdraw from the season after the fourth class of the season, a prorated credit will be issued. We will issue a prorated credit for the remaining sessions in a season from the date that a parent reaches out to us, not from the date a child stops attending sessions.
• Refunds or credits are not available for missed sessions due to unexpected absences (vacation, illness, etc). This includes any make up classes scheduled within the two week buffer at the end of the season. If you know your child will miss a certain date during the season prior to enrolling, please contact our office for a prorate for that session (up to two weeks). Once the season has started, there are no prorates available.
• Make Up classes are not available for classes that a child misses during the season due to unexpected absences (vacation, illness, etc).
• If Soccer Shots cancels a season for any reason, a full or prorated refund will be given to those enrolled. If a season is canceled due to circumstances outside of our control (natural disaster, public health crisis, etc), Soccer Shots reserves the right to issue a credit rather than a refund.
• Childtime and La Petite classes – Please see the FAQ tab when enrolling into a class for any Childtime or La Petite to find the cancellation & refund policy for these specific schools.
How will I know a space has opened up when I am on a waitlist for a particular season?
You will receive an email notification for the season you are on the waitlist for as soon as a spot becomes available. IMPORTANT: Please note, everyone on the waitlist for this season will receive the email notification at the same time. The open spot for this season will be available for anyone to purchase. Once the spot is purchased, the season will be “full” again. The email does not guarantee that a spot will remain open for that season.
Will my child get a Soccer Shots jersey?
If you enroll your child in Soccer Shots to participate in anywhere from one to multiple seasons of Soccer Shots throughout a year, your child will receive a youth jersey. Youth jerseys are distributed one time per year and are included in the cost of enrollment, regardless of the number of seasons you sign your child up for within that year.
Jerseys are distributed via mail and addressed to the child. You will receive tracking information once the jersey has shipped to your address.
Please understand that if you enroll within two weeks of the season start date, your child is not guaranteed to receive their jersey before the first session.
Should you have any questions about your child’s youth jersey shipment, or if you would like to exchange sizes, please contact [email protected].
Please note, some Soccer Shots programs do not include jerseys, such as birthday parties, demos, free play days and school-paid sessions.
Who do I contact if I need to exchange my child’s jersey for a different size?
If you need to exchange your child’s jerseys for a different size, please contact [email protected]. Please provide your name, your child’s name, your shipping address, the size you received and the size you are requesting. You will receive a response within 1 business day. Please note, jerseys must be in new condition with the tag still attached to be accepted as a return.