Updated April 26th, 2021
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPANTS 4 YEARS AND OLDER
MASKS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED FOR PARTICIPANTS 2 AND 3 YEARS OLD
As we are sure you are aware, Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been reported in the United States and Canada since early March 2020. As the safety of our families is always our number one priority, our team is working to diligently track and follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) for proper action to reduce the spread of this virus.
We do know this is a situation that is rapidly developing and, as such, will continue to keep a close eye on it and follow the guidance of the CDC and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to stay healthy and safe.
Public Guidance for Contact Sports – Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
April 16, 2021 – Gatherings and Face Mask Order
The most important thing we can all do is help prevent the spread of any respiratory virus by following the CDC recommendations. Our coaches are all committed to following these guidelines and we hope your family is as well.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (we recommend singing the Soccer Shots song – ask your children if you need help with the words!).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and keep your children home from soccer if they are sick (we’ll miss them on Soccer Island, but we want them to be healthy!).
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
On Soccer Island, we also going to ensure all safety measures are being taken. You may see our coaches making adjustments to our normal to routine to ensure safety is a top priority. During our sessions your coach may:
- Ask your child to give themselves a high-five or use air high-fives in place of our typical high-fives
- We want to make sure everyone is still having fun while also be cognizant about the spread of germs.
- Distribute stickers not hand stamps
- Conduct an adjusted cheer at the end of the session – drum roll instead of all hands in
- Encourage children to wash hands before and after session
We are providing this information to you so that you are aware of this issue and are assured that our team has plans in place to monitor, prepare for, and respond to any health or safety issue that may impact us and your family. If you have any questions about the precautions we are taking, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for your continued trust in Soccer Shots and we look forward to seeing your child on Soccer Island!
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
The “Three Cs” – Coaching, Communication and Curriculum
The foundation of Soccer Shots is our relentless commitment to providing best-in-class coaching, communication and curriculum.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
Our Vision: To provide a beloved growth experience for every child; a remarkable experience for every family.
The History of Soccer Shots
Our founding partners, Jeremy Sorzano and Jason Webb, were soccer teammates both in college and professionally. They formed Soccer Shots® in 1997 after recognizing a lack of quality soccer programs for children under age 8. They shared an entrepreneurial spirit, a deep love of soccer, and a passion to inspire children to live fit and healthy lives.
The success of Soccer Shots in Charlotte, NC and Harrisburg, PA, where Sorzano and Webb first launched their businesses, led to several of their friends and former teammates wanting to get involved. In 2005, Soccer Shots began franchising and opened its first four franchises in OH, DE, FL, and PA. The business opportunity began to attract more soccer entrepreneurs, and Soccer Shots has enjoyed growing around the country and into Canada.
In May of 2009, Justin Bredeman, another former college soccer teammate, became the third Soccer Shots partner. Justin brought with him eight years of experience from Auntie Anne’s, Inc., a pretzel franchising company, where he led a team that supported nearly 800 franchise units. His deep understanding of the franchise business model also comes from the knowledge gained from his five years of owning and running a Soccer Shots business of his own.
From its humble beginnings, Soccer Shots has grown beyond Jeremy and Jason’s biggest dreams, with over 200 territories across 37 states and Canada. There were over 440,000 enrollments into Soccer Shots programming in 2018.
The business is consistently recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine as the #1 Children’s Fitness Franchise in the U.S. And today, Soccer Shots is positioned as the best-in-class children’s soccer program with a focus on character development.
And while the accolades are appreciated, our mission remains focused – positively impacting children’s lives.
Soccer Shots Franchising, LLC is based in central Pennsylvania, just east of Harrisburg. Learn more about franchising with Soccer Shots at soccershotsfranchising.com.
Stronger Youth. Beyond the Game.
We believe that soccer is a powerful vehicle for positively impacting youth. Through our partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we aim to impact children who live in underserved communities through quality soccer programs that support their physical and personal development.