Soccer Shots Pittsburgh is held at childcare centers, preschools and schools, as well as public locations. Our public programs are open to the general public while our childcare center and school programs are only open to those enrolled at the location.
Soccer Shots Pittsburgh provides all of the equipment needed at each of our sessions. Your child should wear activity-appropriate clothing. Cleats and shin guards are NOT necessary.
To find public programs in your area, select View Locations at the top of this page.
Yes! We are always willing to start a public program near you. The easiest way for this to happen is for you to form a group of eight children willing to take part in a Soccer Shots season. These could be children from your neighborhood, friends from church or synagogue, or your parent groups. We’re happy to help talk through ideas on how to make this happen. Please contact your local director for more information.
Our weekly 30-40 minute sessions focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. Through fun games and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.
Public Programs Policy:
For public programs, if a cancellation is warranted, a decision will be made at approximately 8:00 am (for morning sessions) or by 4:00 pm (for evening sessions) on the day of the session. We will post cancellation notices on our Facebook page and on our website. It is the obligation of the parent/guardian to check our Facebook page for session cancellation updates. Cancellation info will also be included in the “From the Sidelines” section on our website. We will also send weather notices via email and text (if very urgent or last-minute) so please be sure you have provided us with a valid email address and phone number. Please add this email address ([email protected]) to your Safe Senders list so that our emails do not go to spam/junk (as this happens to people every season!).
We DO play in the rain, but not in storms. Because we have locations throughout the greater Pittsburgh area and our leadership team cannot be at every site at once, we rely on the weather forecasts from the National Weather Service and local news stations to make the call. Sometimes that works favorably, and sometimes it, unfortunately, does not. In light of this, we also rely on our coaches to make the call on-site if a storm does unexpectedly pop up.
Childcare Centers/Schools Policy:
For childcare centers and schools, we will notify you via email and include make-up details if applicable. We will work with the decision-maker/leadership at your child’s school/center to make arrangements for a make-up session and will also email you with make-up related details.
We often refer to this chart below when determining safe playing conditions in hot and cold weather:
Yes, we offer an automatic sibling discount when you enroll in a season. We also offer a military discount. Please contact [email protected] for a coupon code.
The enrollment fee is charged once per school calendar year and is non-refundable.
We are really excited about some of the services this has allowed us to offer our parents. From developing software that allows us to automatically update all of our parents with a summary of this week’s session, to moving away from t-shirts and into $35 custom ordered Umbro jerseys for every participant. Parents want their children’s experience to be excellent, and they are willing to invest a relatively modest amount extra in that experience when they see that the return on investment in our program.
Makeup Sessions & Cancellations
We do play in rain and snow, heat and cold, but not in thunderstorms. We rely on the weather forecasts from the National Weather Service to monitor conditions.
If an advance cancellation is made, a decision will be made at approximately 8 AM (for morning sessions) / by 4:00 PM (for evening sessions) on the day of our sessions. We will post cancellation notices on our Facebook page and on our website. If a cancellation is not posted, please know that coaches WILL be on location to run sessions. If weather conditions deteriorate to the extent that sessions cannot continue, coaches will make a decision on-site to cancel the session, but will remain on-site to run remaining sessions that day (when applicable) if weather permits.
It is the parents’/guardians’ obligation to check our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pittsburghsoccershots for session cancellation updates. For those who do not use Facebook, cancellation info will also be included in the “From the Sidelines” section on our website www.soccershots.org/pittsburgh. We will also send weather notices via email and text (if very urgent or last-minute) so PLEASE be sure you have provided us with a valid email address and phone number.
Soccer Shots Pittsburgh guarantees two make-up sessions per season in the event of cancellations; for public locations, these make-up dates are listed at the time of enrollment and also in the welcome email. Please note that make-up dates are reserved for instances in which sessions are cancelled. They are not available as make-up sessions for individual players who miss the session, but rather for the session as a whole if a session is cancelled. We are sorry, but we do not offer make-ups for individual players who miss a session.
- Credits for Soccer Shots Pittsburgh will be offered only if sessions are canceled due to federal, state or local governance limitations/restrictions.
- No compensation will be issued for failure to attend a makeup session.
- If we cannot meet in person, we will utilize virtual Soccer Shots On The Go programming.
- After three sessions of Soccer Shots On The Go (in the event that additional weeks remain in our season), players will automatically continue to receive Soccer Shots On The Go virtual programming for as long as needed to complete the season.
- Only after three sessions of virtual programming may families opt-out of continued virtual programming for a prorated credit.
- Parents/guardians must contact Soccer Shots Pittsburgh in writing via email ([email protected]) by the Friday of week 3 of the virtual programming period in order to cancel additional weeks of programming. If a request is sent by the deadline, the account holder will receive a prorated credit equal to the number of weeks remaining in our program.
- Credits are prorated based on the number of sessions already held/offered, regardless of in-person attendance or use of the provided virtual programming.
- Credits will not be issued after the date of the final session.
- Refunds are not offered by Soccer Shots Pittsburgh. If you feel that you have a situation that would warrant an exception, please contact us for consideration. Special exception requests for refunds must be made in writing and emailed to Soccer Shots Pittsburgh at [email protected] before the date of your child(ren)’s third session of the season.
- There is no refund of the annual enrollment fee.
- Refunds will not be issued after the date of the final session.
- Refunds will require a $20 refund processing fee.
- If you chose to have a split payment option for one of our locations, the second payment will process automatically one month after the first payment was processed.
Arrival & Dismissal Policy
- Parents must sign out children from after-school programs at their childcare center. Parents are expected to arrive a few minutes before the session is complete.
- If your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself, please note the authorized pickup person on the enrollment.
- Parent consents to release their child or children to Soccer Shots coach(es) during the Soccer Shots session time.
Please Note: In response to COVID-19’s impact on our season and schedule, we have been diligently working behind the scenes to modify our curriculum and current operating procedures to ensure safety on the field.
If you enroll your child in Soccer Shots to participate in anywhere from one to multiple seasons of Soccer Shots throughout a year, your child will receive a youth jersey. Youth jerseys are distributed one time per year and are included in the cost of enrollment, regardless of the number of seasons you sign your child up for within that year.
Jerseys are distributed via mail and addressed to the child. You will receive tracking information once the jersey has shipped to your address.
Please understand that if you enroll within two weeks of the season start date, your child is not guaranteed to receive their jersey before the first session.
Should you have any questions about your child’s youth jersey shipment, or if you would like to exchange sizes, please contact [email protected].
Please note, some Soccer Shots programs do not include jerseys, such as birthday parties, demos, free play days and school-paid sessions.
If you need to exchange your child’s jersey for a different size, please contact [email protected]. Please provide your name, your child’s name, your shipping address, the size you received and the size you are requesting. You will receive a response within 1 business day that will include a prepaid return label. Please return your jersey as soon as possible. After we receive confirmation that the jersey has shipped, we will send you your requested exchange jersey. Please note, jerseys must be in new condition with the tag still attached to be accepted as a return.