Rachel Wright, Owner
[email protected], 762.333.1177
Rachel Wright is originally from Pennsylvania and has been working in Soccer Shots since 2015. In 2018, she made the decision to move to Savannah, GA with her family to start her own Soccer Shots Franchise.
Rachel has loved soccer since she first played when she was 5 years old. Her playing career culminated with 4 years of collegiate soccer at Houghton College and then playing semi-professionally after graduation with the Lancaster Inferno. With a Masters Degree in Sports Management from California University of Pennsylvania, Rachel is excited to combine her love of soccer and passion for working with children through Soccer Shots. She has coached nearly every level of soccer from children aged 2 years old up to junior college and has found that coaching is the most rewarding past time for her, outside of spending time with her husband and two children.
Rachel is passionate about impacting the lives of the children in the Savannah area through sports-based development, all while having fun!
Tiffany Hensley-Cummings, Director
[email protected], 912.398.3919
Tiffany Hensley-Cummings is a Savannah native who has spent most of her life working with children. She has worked as a Nanny, Birth Doula, and Postpartum Doula for the last 15 years.
She has been playing adult rec sports for the past 10 years and Soccer Shots gives her the opportunity to combining her love of sports and children.
Tiffany started as a coach with Soccer Shots is 2018 and has used her passion for working with children with special needs to help develop and launch the Empower Program in Savannah- a Soccer Shots program specifically designed for children with special needs ages 3+.
Autumn England, Program Coordinator
[email protected], 803.597.6245
Autumn England moved from Cayce, South Carolina to Savannah, GA during the summer of 2018 and began working with Soccer Shots in the fall of 2018.
Autumn grew up playing soccer, starting in a recreational league at the age of 7. During middle school, she played for her high school and continued to play for the varsity team throughout high school. Growing up, Autumn could always be found near a soccer field. While earning her B.A. in English at Newberry College, Autumn played intramural soccer and began volunteering in an elementary school library where she discovered her desire to continue working with children.
Soccer Shots combines her love of sports with her love of helping children.
S Sargon, Assistant Program Coordinator/Diversity Specialist
Originally from Virginia, Coach Sargon has been living in Savannah since 2008.
Sargon began playing soccer in 1995, and these days has picked up a fresh pair of gloves and reclaimed their position as keeper for a recreational adult league. They’ve also spent many years refereeing youth soccer, teaching children at summer camp, and being involved in youth empowerment programs.
Soccer Shots has provided Sargon an opportunity to combine their obsession with soccer and desire to help kids grow their skills and confidence, and they’re excited to be a part of furthering our program’s values of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. Their favourite sessions at Soccer Shots are for Superheroes week and Robot week!
Soccer Shots Policies
- Refunds will not be issued for failure to attend a scheduled class.
- Full refunds minus a $5 fee apply when the withdrawal of a student is received in writing 2 weeks prior to the start of any season.
- Should Soccer Shots find it necessary to remove a child from a class, a refund will be issued after deduction for classes already attended.
- There is no refund of the $25.00 registration fee.
- No refunds will be issued after week 3 of the season.
- Refunds prior to week 3 of the season will be given for the remaining sessions only.
- No refunds will be issued for failure to attend a make up class.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing and emailed to a Soccer Shots representative.
- In the event of a natural disaster or act of God, refunds will not be issued but we will offer credit in some form toward a future Soccer Shots class. This may be in the form of summer camps, holiday camps or regular season credit to be determined at our discretion.
- If you chose to have a split payment option for one of our school locations, the second payment will process automatically one month after the first payment was processed.
MAKE-UP CLASSES & CANCELLATIONS:
- During spring, summer and fall seasons, whenever possible, we will use indoor space during inclement weather. If there is no indoor space available, we will make up a maximum of two classes due to inclement weather (extreme cold, heat, or rain).
- During the winter season, if your school or center is closed on a Soccer Shots day due to snow or other weather-related issues, we will work with your school or center to reschedule up to two cancelled sessions or offer a make up session at a different location and time.
- Make up classes may be held on a different day or time than the regularly scheduled class.
- Soccer Shots reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. Upon cancellation, a full refund will be made.
ARRIVAL, SESSION & DISMISSAL POLICY:
- Parents must sign out children from after-school programs at their childcare center. Parents are expected to arrive a few minutes before the session is complete.
- If your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself, please note authorized pickup person on the registration.
- At public programs, parents are expected to remain at the field within sight of their child. While coaches do have emergency contact information for each player, this helps mitigate issues related to bathroom emergencies, sudden weather changes, injuries, traffic delays, etc.
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
The “Three Cs” – Coaching, Communication and Curriculum
The foundation of Soccer Shots is our relentless commitment to providing best-in-class coaching, communication and curriculum.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
Our Vision: To provide a beloved growth experience for every child; a remarkable experience for every family.
The History of Soccer Shots
Our founding partners, Jeremy Sorzano and Jason Webb, were soccer teammates both in college and professionally. They formed Soccer Shots® in 1997 after recognizing a lack of quality soccer programs for children under age 8. They shared an entrepreneurial spirit, a deep love of soccer, and a passion to inspire children to live fit and healthy lives.
The success of Soccer Shots in Charlotte, NC and Harrisburg, PA, where Sorzano and Webb first launched their businesses, led to several of their friends and former teammates wanting to get involved. In 2005, Soccer Shots began franchising and opened its first four franchises in OH, DE, FL, and PA. The business opportunity began to attract more soccer entrepreneurs, and Soccer Shots has enjoyed growing around the country and into Canada.
In May of 2009, Justin Bredeman, another former college soccer teammate, became the third Soccer Shots partner. Justin brought with him eight years of experience from Auntie Anne’s, Inc., a pretzel franchising company, where he led a team that supported nearly 800 franchise units. His deep understanding of the franchise business model also comes from the knowledge gained from his five years of owning and running a Soccer Shots business of his own.
From its humble beginnings, Soccer Shots has grown beyond Jeremy and Jason’s biggest dreams, with over 200 territories across 37 states and Canada. There were over 440,000 enrollments into Soccer Shots programming in 2018.
The business is consistently recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine as the #1 Children’s Fitness Franchise in the U.S. And today, Soccer Shots is positioned as the best-in-class children’s soccer program with a focus on character development.
And while the accolades are appreciated, our mission remains focused – positively impacting children’s lives.
Soccer Shots Franchising, LLC is based in central Pennsylvania, just east of Harrisburg. Learn more about franchising with Soccer Shots at soccershotsfranchising.com.
Stronger Youth. Beyond the Game.
We believe that soccer is a powerful vehicle for positively impacting youth. Through our partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we aim to impact children who live in underserved communities through quality soccer programs that support their physical and personal development.